Lyndhurst Funeral Home is seeking applications for qualified candidates to fill the position of Embalmer/Funeral Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including, embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for the deceased. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a sterile and safe work environment consistent with company, government and industry rules, regulations and practices.
- Associate Degree/Embalming Certificate
- Strong embalming skills, with a minimum of five (5) years active experience
- Restorative Art skills
- Five years experience in funeral directing preferred
- Knowledge of current Government regulations related to the funeral industry would be an asset
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Professional communication skills
- Light Goods Driver’s License
Qualified candidates should submit their applications to the Director of Human Resources, Lyndhurst Funeral Home, Passage Road, St. Michael.
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, November 18th, 2020.